Ok guys, we’re almost a full week in for those of you who started LBN on Monday and even if you waited till Wednesday to start, you should be well into it by now.
I find the first week of any strict “detox” or lifestyle change to be the hardest. You’re hungrier – physiologically because your body is now looking to burn fat for energy instead of the carbs it was used to having, and psychologically because you’re denying yourself the “yummy” treats.
It’s hard, period. Even for those of us who are seasoned “Paleo” eaters, there are struggles during any challenge. Sitting with your friends at a bar while they watch the football game with a beer while you sip water. Choosing the veggies or fruit at a party instead of the chips and dip. Spending time cooking instead of ordering a pizza.
But I promise it does get easier. We’re not asking you to never have a beer with your buddies or never collapse on the couch on a Friday night with a slice of pizza. What we’re asking is that for the next 6 weeks you make the choice not to. You actively decide that RIGHT NOW you and your body are worth this LBN challenge. And our hope is that you come out of this with a lifestyle change. One that includes 95% of the GOOD choices and habits you’ve formed and the other 5%…well, that can be your very occasional beer and pizza. And you’ll be so in tune with your body and it’s functions that you won’t WANT it to be more than that.
So, here’s my meal plan for week 2 of LBN. As usual, I did my shopping yesterday:
And I plan to spend some time today (Sunday) prepping the meals for this week. I will be making soup, hard-boiled eggs, scotch eggs, and dicing veggies for meals and snacks today as well as making a crustless spinach and bacon quiche. I hope these meal plans continue to be helpful and they give you ideas and recipes and show you that “paleo” food doesn’t have to be boring! We must be in an Asian mood this week because it turns out that most of our dinners are!!
(Note: click on the pic for link to recipe)
B: Scotch eggs
L: Leftover soup, raw veggies
D: Butternut squash chili (I Paleo-ize this recipe)
B: Bacon and Spinach Crustless Quiche with Caramelized Onions
L: leftover chili
D: Thai Beef lettuce wraps with a Tahini Slaw
B: Omelet w/ bacon
L: egg salad on lettuce boats, cucumbers, tomato
D: “Peanut” Sesame Chicken Satay skewers (made with almond butter), roasted broccoli, Asian ginger lime and citrus salad
B: Burger with egg over easy
L: leftover Thai beef wraps
D: Meatloaf, bacon oven braised Brussels sprouts, garlic mashed “fauxtatoes” (cauliflower)
B: Poached eggs with butternut squash and parsnip hasbrowns
D: Smoked pork butt, big ass salad using up the week’s veggies.
What new recipes have you tried this week?
How are you feeling? Did you experience the “induction flu”?